Sunday, November 13, 2005

Feeling unawesome

Now that I'm all grown up with my big boy job I'm starting to go to benefits; but not just any benefits, all you can drink benefits! Since I will obviously be a hot commodity on the benefit circuit I'll have to prioritize, and all-you-can drink is always high on that list. Friday was the benefit for Amate House, an organization in which people out of high school live in a house for 10 months and volunteer teaching in schools or working in other organizations. Of course, I knew none of this before I got there. All I knew was $15 for as much beer as you could drink from 7-10. My friend from work showed up at 6:45, the first person in the door, and I followed closely behind at 7. With both of us not knowing anyone there or what the charity was for we made our way around to see if anyone else had a clue. Luckily for us, everyone else was just there for the booze.

Later on that night a friend of ours showed up who used to work for Amate House, and everything was cleared up. We also learned that she went to high school with Chris Farley, and that the priest who ran Amate House was named Matt Foley. Him and Chris Farley had gone to school together at Marquette and that's where he got the name for his character. I don't really have much else to tell about the night because I was just trying to get as much to drink before 10 o'clock and saying "You'll be living in a van down by the river" over and over and over......

All-you-can drink is a good idea until the next morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home