Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Grab Two of Everything

It's pouring like mad outside and now the power just went out...Amen to laptops and wireless internet.

Sorry about the delay in posting, mostly I've been lazy and everytime I've sat down to write I end up migrating over to YouTube to watch Scrubs clips or something like that.

Anyways, two weekends ago Pat and I trekked across the border to watch the Tigers play and it turned into a pregame pub crawl/post game tire changing. We hit up Cheli's Chili and then the State Bar before the game for 7 dollar pitchers. Not bad considering you could mortgage your house for the cost of a beer at the ballgame. P.S. Chili on a hot day is not a good idea.
I'm not sure if it was the beer or Tiger's fever that caused Pat to fill out a credit card application for a T-shirt. We're not sure he even put down the right Social Security # so it looks like he made off with the shirt scott free...

Leaving the game we noticed the car riding low in the parking lot and sure enough we had a flat. For those of you who haven't been to Detroit, it's not a great city to get a flat in...even worse at 11:30 at night. Apparently the only concerned citizens were ones who thought we were stealing hubcaps...I think they even offered to get someone to help us steal them, it's that kind of city.

Last weekend I got bored and headed to T-dot to visit Jo and Blakie. I got into town pretty late Saturday thanks to some pretty bad traffic. We ended up going out to see "Strangers with Candy" which was a ridiculously hilarious movie with probably the most innapropriate jokes ever. I felt bad and good at the same time. We hit up the Sushi Inn after the movie...I was kind of disappointed though; an Inn makes me think I can spend the night eating there, this wasn't the case.
Waking up the next morning we went out for brunch. I realized that going out for brunch is a staple of the twentysomething lifestyle. We're all too lazy to get up in time for breakfast, and too lazy to make it...but we're also too stubborn to miss breakfast. Hence the invetion of brunch, which is essentially a "fuck you" to breakfast time, but not to the food served. I don't know what I'd do without my brunch after a good night of drinking.
On the way home I realized that coffee is a diuretic. For those of you who don't know, diuretic comes from the latin of diu; meaning "having to pee", and retic, meaning "at the worst time possible". My bladder was about to explode and I couldn't see two feet in front of me because of the pouring rain. Thank god for Brantford and it's Tim Horton's at the exit...Of course that meant I just but another coffee...Let the cycle continue!

Reading - "Slaughterhouse Five" by Kurt Vonnegut
Listening To - "The Door" by Turin Brakes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home