Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Fear the nostalgia

Lately I've been a pretty big fan of the "create your own station" option on Yahoo music. In theory it's an awesome idea. I pick the type of music I like, they play it, I rate it and they keep playing stuff based on my selections...Sounds great you say? Well that's where you'd be wrong!

The problems for me started when somehow Huey Lewis and the News snuck into the mix.

For me, Huey Lewis will always remind me of Michael J. Fox skateboarding while holding onto the tailgate of a truck in Back To The Future...and who doesn't love Back To The Future?? (There are so many conversations we could have about that movie but I'd never finish). I decided to rate Huey as a "I Like It"...fairly neutral I thought but enough to let the fine people at Yahoo Music know that Huey and I had a sort of connection. Bad idea...from this point on every 5th song has been another Huey Lewis selection, and in between these are all the favourite hits of the 80's like "Take on Me" by A-Ha, "Drive" by The Cars and "Charma Chameleon" by Culture Club

Damn you Lewis! Damn you to hell!

Listening to: Anything but
Reading: "The Paris Option" by Robert Ludlum...so tough to put down

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home