Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Man In Black

I went and saw "Walk The Line", the new Johnny Cash movie. I've been waiting for it to come out for awhile and I wasn't disappointed. Joaquin Phoenix does an excellent job as Cash and suprisingly him and Reese Witherspoon sing very very well. They talk quite a bit about Folsom Prison in the movie, and re-enact parts of his concer there. I have to admit until a few years ago I could have cared less about Johnny Cash, until my roomate Johnny Flood started playing the Live from Folsom County Prison album. Music aside, its one of the coolest albums I've listened too just because of the atmosphere. He's performing live at a maximum security prison, and in the background you can hear cells opening and closing, prisoners being paged, etc. Also, the songs he choose to sing almost all focused on being in jail, or life as an outlaw, something the crowd could obviously relate to. If you're interested in listening to a good CD, I recommend that one. I've come to realize that Johnny Cash is one cool, badass of a guy, and that it makes his music popular with people from age 9 to 99. I hope you guys go check out the movie and learn about one of the greatest musicians of our time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home