Saturday, December 03, 2005

Month Long Vacation

Yesterday was my last day of work at RIC. It was kind of bittersweet. I like everyone there but have gotten so frustrated about the whole job process that I also couldn't wait to leave. I celebrated by drinking, as most memorable occasion should be celebrated. The more I thought about it, the more I realized it might not be good to drink at memorable occasions, because as drinks go down, things become distinctly less memorable. I had some interest in my apartment last night so I was taking pictures and e-mailing them before I went out. Looking at the pictures this morning I realized that there are some definite signs that I had been pre-drinking, since some of the pictures were a wee bit blurry.

I hung out with my friend Linsday last night and some of her friends. A few of them have been in Arizona for the past few winters, so when the temperature outside flashes 20 F, they lose their minds. I also met up with Rachel and her boyfriend Sean. I haven't seen Rachel in a while since I've been in Chicago, and Sean and I haven't hung out since HK days, so it was good times

Tonight the festivities are continuing with another free all-you-can drink party from 6:30-8:30....I think when I eventually get back to Windsor I may start going through withdrawl during that time of day. I'll call it "Dinnertime Drinkless Doug". He'll shake at the dinner table, show diminished hand eye coordination, and generally snap at everyone and everything. Be prepared Windsor

I'm sure everyone is getting into the Christmas spirit, but if anyone is starting to feel a bit of a Festivus mood coming on (I know I am) check out this site. You can even order your own Festivus Pole!

http://thefestivuspole.com/blog.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home