Thursday, December 08, 2005

My PJ's, a guitar, a box of holiday cookies, and Judge Judy

I finally got to work again today. I'm currently on Flex Staff until I move, which means I could be anywhere at anytime. Basically the Rehab Institute is my pimp, hooking me up with needy clinics and departments all over. After the past few days I spent at home, it might be a good thing though. I do enjoy days off, but I realized that during school when you take a day off, there's usually other people around, or you have a plan in mind. I woke up Monday morning and realized I had neither of these. Everyone else was working, and my only friend was Al Roker, who told me to stay inside because it was minus 9000 degrees Farenheit. So stay inside I did, pulling out a box of Christmas cookies and watching how Martha made decorative scarves as gifts (which you will all be receiving this year). I pulled out the guitar and tried to do a little more playing, but that only occupied so much time, and I automatically would drift back to the TV, and some other horrible show.

I also realized that when I don't work, I don't shave...and I definitely think I was showing some signs of a beards, but mostly that gross neck hair that I think Jo liked to call the "neard". So all in all, work is a good thing if only because I groom myself and don't sit around drinking Starbucks and watching Judge Judy prosecute yet another guy whose only crime seems to be that he is male.

The past few days have been cold, but I think Kingston has totally desensitized me from winter. Nothing could top my past three winters there, and I thought that living in Chicago, with all the wind and snow would do it...but I didn't even blink (except well all that annoying little snow gets into your eyes. You know, the kind that just falls and doesn't stick but does manage to piss the hell out of you before it disappears).

Anyways, I'm hoping to get rid of the apartment this weekend and hopefully start moving out soon. I'm excited to get back in time for Christmas and Freeman Family Board Games...hopefully Scattergories

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home