Thursday, September 14, 2006

Serious note

Those of you in Canada have undoubtedly heard of the shooting at the college in Montreal. It frustrates me to no end to think that people in our world can be so cold and have the audacity to walk into a crowded room of people and simply fire a gun. A young girl lost her life yesterday at the hands of someone she had never met, and someone whose life she had no effect on. And I think that's what makes me so angry. When a single individual can kill another, destroying their life and the lives of everyone associated with them, when the person who has died had no impact whatsoever on the killer. While this is a reaction to yesterday's actions, it certainly applies to many situation worldwide, and it is the reason that so many people live their lives in fear. Thinking back on all the good times I've spent at school hanging out with friends I can't imagine a scene like that happening, and yet yesterdays events serve as a rude awakening that sometimes there is no rhyme and reason. I hate that this is taking such a serious tone, but writing things down helps me vent, and I guess anyone who chooses to read this is on the receiving end....To those of you from Montreal I hope that you and anyone you might be aquainted with was not affected by this tragedy, and it is my sincere hope that events such as these will continue to open our eyes and bring about a necessary change in our society and the way we treat each other

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home