Monday, November 06, 2006

And We're Off

Just a reminder to all that I will be taking off for three weeks to New Zealand this Friday...Due to the lengthy flight and the invention of time zones I will not actually arrive in New Zealand until Sunday, but that's what we get for having a prime meridian I guess (It's not really his fault). Updating this thing may be a little hit or miss depending on where I'm at in the country or how much time I actually want to devote to sitting on a computer while I could be about touring around, but hopefully I'll get a few words in here or there. If not, keep checking after December 1st as I'm sure I'll have plenty of awesome pics and stories. For those of you who don't know, I'm heading to the North Island for a week by myself to explore Auckland, Waitomo, Rotorua, Taupo and MT. DOOM for all you Lord of the Rings geeks (and by geeks I'm including myself). Following this I'll be flying to the South Island to meet up with one of my bestest friends Andrew Kilmer who I met way back in the HK days, when things were all just a little simpler. For those of you who haven't been fortunate enough to meet Andrew he's a former male model/volleyball star turned teacher and he has written a blog about how wonderful a person I am and how I abandoned him. Check it out, his blog is linked on the right. I'll also be meeting his buddy Adam who apparently was also in HK. It should be good times as we tour around the South and walk on glaciers, mountains, take speed boat rides and drive on the left side of the road while scaterring sheep at every turn.

Hope to keep everyone posted as I go along. If not, talk to you all in December.

And Kilmer, if you read this, I want to go surfing....DO IT!

Reading - "The Power of One" by Bryce Courtney
Listening to - "Bubble Toes" by Jack Johnson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home