Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Deja Vu

So it's been brought to my attention by a certain nit-picky friend of mine that I accidentally posted the last post two times....The only thing I can say in my defense is that I was so excited about finally posting again that I put in there twice. There Jo..are you happy now? If not we can go out for a peaty scotch.

The getting ready for the trip is going unbelievably slow. I bought a power converter tonight for $50 and immediately wondered if its even worth $50 to have power in New Zealand. I'm not sure why but I picture every male in New Zealand with a giant beard and maybe a machete...where I get that stereotype I'm not sure...but it makes me think I'm never going to use electricity, as if it was a country run by the Amish. I'll let everyone know how that goes.

I also bought a new Bryce Courtney book for the trip with something like 11,000 pages in it. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of reading one of his books, pick up a copy of Power of One and let your mind do some walking...Awesome book.

Finally, I'm starting to get a little worried about staying in a hostel, and only because I'm worried about offending other people. Last time I stayed in Kingston I was apparently hit several times with pillows until I stopped snoring (or did I?), and these were my closest friends. How crazy will perfect strangers go while I sleep away peacefully. Hopefully none of them have machete's.

I'm out

1 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger jo said...

doug, you wealthy gad-about-town...you know how i like a nice peaty scotch in the steam room.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home