Saturday, January 21, 2006

Random Thoughts

Just some things that I've been pondering

1) As much as I love concerts, I seem to miss out on all the ones I really want to see because I tend to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Case in point, I wanted to see Death Cab for Cutie in Chicago but they were playing on the cusp of my leaving the city...Turns out I could have seen them but by the time I found out, the tickets were all gone. Now that I've back in Detroit, I realize they've moved on to greener pastures and are playing in Europe at places like Kulturhaus Karlstorbahnhof (I swear it's a real place, I wish I could have made it up). I've realized that wintertime in Detroit is not the place to see a good concert...at least until we build a Sprugenheimengleinschlemelersprockenvitchnesky, then we'd be all set.

2) Mike Gansey is God (with apologies to all other Gods). I don't pretend to think that anyone else cares even remotely as much as I do about college basketball, but his steal again UCLA to preserve the win was the wickedest, cleanest steal I've ever seen! I had to change my pants after seeing it.

3) I've been watching a lot of volleyball at Sandcastle lately (indoor beach volleyball in Windsor) and I;ve realized why it's such a popular sport. It's an every man/woman sport. Over the past few weeks I've seen some pretty talented playes, but I've also seen the fat guy in his one "workout shirt" that he wears each week and who hides when the ball is going to hit him. Even better is the woman who wears a golf shirt tucked into a pair of sweat pants to play beach volleyball!!! I leave every week with a few more laughs and a lot more stories.

4) Everyone wants to wrap things in Pizza, After I decided to wrap my hot dog in pizza I saw a skit on Saturday Night Live where they wrap their tacos in pizza. "Pizza!!!....Now that's what I call a taco" (from SNL on Jan 14/06)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2304167489947666089&q=Taco+Town

5) No matter what you think of our new prime minister.....he's got some creepy eyes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home